Are you the administrator for your post-secondary institution in BC?
PSCA provides invaluable benefits for your team for a nominal yearly fee.
Please feel free to enrol all year long. The membership year runs from April 1 – March 31.
If you purchase from January through March of a year, your membership will be extended to include that full year of membership.
PSCA membership includes professionals working in post secondary counselling and qualified associates in the community.
Click to download the How-to Guide for Institutional Membership >
PSCA invites administrators of post secondary institutions in British Columbia to enrol their qualified counsellors as members of our association.
Benefits to Institutions via their PSCA Members
These are just a few of the areas in which BC PSCA can support your Counselling
- Counsellors can consult with other members about best practices and supports
- Advertise post-secondary counselling job postings to qualified candidates
- Learn about professional events and news
- Better support the academic mission of the institution by learning best practices in areas such as diversity, multi-culturalism, internationalization, and Indigenization
- Reduce risks of tragic events through knowledge of threat assessment, risk
management, sexual violence, substance use, and suicide/violence response
- Learn about training practices and standards for practicum, and internships
- Create and maintain successful group therapy programs that allow you to serve more
- Learn about models and methods of triage, intake and clinical flow
- Contribute to retention of students
- Understand the use of technology in counseling services
- Receive continuing education credits at relatively inexpensive cost to maintain
Each membership is $100 per year per counsellor. Yearly Membership runs from April – March 31.
Institutional Membership Explanation
An Institutional Membership is paid for by the Institution rather than an individual member. The total cost for an institution will depend on the number of counsellors selected to receive memberships. Each membership is $100 per year, per counsellor.
For example, an institution with a team of 5 counsellors will pay a total cost of $500. The process for purchase is quick and easy online payment.
Contact the Membership Director to arrange payment via invoice.